Saturday, July 20, 2013

Wonderful Memories..more old pics

I can remember being at my Gramma's house and she had a huge piece of furniture  in her dining room, when you opened the side door there was a treasure of old pictures. I remember thinking it was so awesome to have the people of my family tree all tucked away where they were safe for others in the family later on to take a peek at.  I  regret there aren't more but am so thrilled to have the ones we do have. Family is a gift,  as I get older I find there are so many people who do not have the fond memories or family to talk about the fun times with. Our family has had a wonderful time making memories and sharing them, don't family times slip by waiting for tomorrow because we never know when the people we love may not be there to share those wonderful memories with.

In chatting with my sister the other day I told her I just need to laugh one of those laughs that you think will make you sick.. The ones that make you laugh till you cry and people look at you totally confused.

Enjoy every minute your family has together , take lots of pictures and  when people have passed away bring their memories to the surface.. Try to remember them and the funny things they did daily, never forget about them, keep them alive through their pictures and sharing memories of them.


Photo: Another oldie, but a goodie!  Again the only people in this one I'm really sure of are my grandmother, Marion right in the middle, on her left are her grandparents Anna and what's his name Webster, and in the light colored dress on the far right, I'm pretty sure is Mickey.








Left to right: Marion Byrnes Englert, Alberta Webster Byrnes, Ruth Byrnes and Mickey Byrnes.  Patricia Englert in the front, and I'm guessing she's two or three which would make this 1949 or 1950  per Pam Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment