Friday, July 19, 2013

Crazy storms and where am I ?






























Hey there:


The storms in upstate New York are getting really crazy!  I work in a day care center, we get all the kids ready to go outside , we are out for five minutes and the sunny skies become not only black but ominous as well.

The kids now a days are very confused but as long as it doesn’t storm while the ice cream man is come for ice cream day they really don’t  care to much,  Once in a while you get the child that looks with huge eyes toward the window and says “ But what about my gramma, she is going to be sooooo wet.” 

My daughter and I always get ice tea and head for the water at the park. Tonight we were on the way home from of course picking up wings at Little Caesar’s pizza and the sky was getting very dark , clouds were forming and hanging really low in the sky and our quest was to get home without getting drenched. Suddenly we add high winds to the mix and this is a totally different battle, not only do we need to get inside before we get drenched but I now because of the high winds have to save everything in my yard that could potentially  look like something from the Wizard of Oz.  I have my daughter getting into the apartment carrying the ice teas, the wings , she has grabbed my cell phone and the keys while I head for the back yard to save the patio umbrella, the garden ducks and of course my goose.  I do not realize how scary this all really is until I look at the pictures she has taken with her cell phone,WOW I was outside in some really scary weather. While I was saving the ducks the clouds were swirling everywhere around me. I think this all stems from the days of childhood when my Mom had one of those glass balls on the pedestal which was soo pretty. On windy or stormy days I would watch Dad try to beat the storm to rescue the glass ball before the wind got to it. To my knowledge he never lost a one.

Now we are sitting inside watching the lightening flashing around, we are safe in the brick building and the goose, is sitting outside my apartment door. Safe and sound probably scare the neighbor guy when he comes in  , in the middle of the night thinking a goose has gotten into the building. It’s good to keep life entertaining right? J  

No comments:

Post a Comment