Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The loss of my little dutch bunny




I am sad today…when I got up this morning our little two year old dutch bunny wasn’t acting like himself..  Usually I walk into the room and he is all excited about eating.  I just can’t feed him fast enough, I walk into the living room lettuce and carrot in hand and he is usually all over the cage with excitement..  He pushes his cute little brown and white face over the dish so I have trouble filling up his dry food, but not today.  Today was just very different, the bunny who was so animated just wasn’t acting himself today. I petted thinking he was just tired, he looked like he had been shedding so I thought since I didn’t have the air conditioning perhaps he had been too hot.
I hate the thought of anything dying alone but with animals it is a choice and they tend to wait until you leave the house to die.
I gently patted his soft little head, ran my fingers thru his sweet long ears and said good-bye  not knowing for sure and hoping it wasn’t going to happen and when I came in tonight he would be hopping all over wondering where his carrot was and why I had waited all day to feed it to him ..  I did not know that his breakfast he was excited to receive yesterday with his little fruit yogurt drop would be the last time I would feed him.  At least I said my good bye.. he died in his purple bedding . When I told him good-bye it really was. I gave him a nice home and lots of love he never looked or seemed to be sick  his little brother who I  had adopted first had lasted a couple of days at least we had more time to spend loving this one.

I know all dogs go to heaven so I am thinking God takes all the rest of creations as well.  Now my sweet little dutch bunny is in heaven eating clover and playing in the warm sunshine. I miss him already.

I will not get another bunny while I live in an apartment, he couldn’t really run around he had his big ball but never figured out just what I wanted him to do in it.  Bunnies need to be free so as for me for now at least I won’t be getting another one. I just can’t take the pain of losing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment