Friday, October 12, 2012

we may be taking a hula lesson :-)



Taking a Hula Lesson...who me? can't wait!



Ever since we had gone to Maui on a business trip I have had the aloha spirit trying to do everything I could be remember every detail about it.  The way the air felt at night, the experience of my first luau , the smells of the flowers and the beautiful color of the cerulean ocean as it met the sky in the mornings. A friend of mine has a studio and on the twenty th of October I am hoping to either add to my Maui memories or create more through her workshop.   My daughter and I will learn to Hula and learn all about the culture… I can’t wait, not exactly as wonderful as being on the island of Maui itself feeling the warm tropical breezes and smelling the fresh ocean air.. (Told you I had gotten bitten) but it will be a fun refresher. 


You will be hearing more about my Maui trip that would be a fun blog , with pictures to go with it. I don't need an excuse to talk about it because I love talking about it and remembering everything about it.

     Kimo & Ka'iulani...

Performers, songwriters, recording artists, teachers & producers of
Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar (45 Alternate Tunings),
Ukulele, Vocals, Hula and much more...
Based in New York State & Kaua'i, Hawai'i
                                email
"Hawaiian Culture & Hula Workshop"
                                                  Details are now posted!
                                                                AND...

Available Dates for lessons with KIMO are now posted
Time slots fill quickly!


          
                                  Owners of...Gallery Kaua'i
Hawaiian Performing Arts & Recording Studios
Pittsford, NY (Rochester, NY)

TV + Radio
TV Clip - Kimo & Ka'iulani
GK Fan Club









CDs:
           

"Mana O Kalapaki"-Clips
3rd "Ka Makani"
"Ka Makani" Clips .mp3
4th "Malie"
"Malie" Clips .mp3
5th  "Kimo Plays Slack Key Instrumentals"
"Kimo Plays" Clips .mp3
Photos-Kimo & Ka'iulani
Performances 2001-2011
Reviews & Articles
Photos-Hawaii Ohana
Photos-Hawaii 2007
Photos-Students





Kimo & Ka'iulani on YouTube:
1.) Mana O Kalapaki (Vocal)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZq938QkhU
2.) Mālie  (Instrumental)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnd-ROBVj6I
3.) Kaupoa (Vocal)
CDs can also be purchased at the following: >Barnes & Noble Pittsford, NY
>Kaua'i Music & Sound Kapa'a, Kaua'i
>Live Events
 > or call 585-313-1195 for mail order.



Review: Kaua'i Museum Newsletter 2008... "Kimo and Ka'iulani provide a haunting performance"
    
Click articles for high resolution pages. 

  














No comments:

Post a Comment