Saturday, August 15, 2015

A trip to the Sterling Renaissance Festival




A couple of weekends ago I went to the Sterling Renaissance Festival with my son Michael.  This weekend is the last weekend for it but next year and at Halloween plan to make a trip out to Sterling and experience what many have for years.


You arrive in a whimsical land that takes you away from the hustle and bustle of your daily world. The festival is nestled in a forest with trees and paths everywhere .There are things happening everywhere so you will never get bored, there are shows, people dressed up in the time of the Renaissance .

I was amazed at the village, the houses fit the people who  do their crafts in them.





There was a girl who made candles little mushrooms with sweet faces and elves just to mention a few. Her talent was amazing.

There was a glass blower who made glass animals  I really liked the turtles.




The buildings were so quaint it was like walking thru the pages in a history book






 


 There were competitions some I didn't understand but it was a different time.  



There were beautiful horses of war

 and of course the people from another time riding them. Our time in history old meets new.

There were many shows

 man power chair swings , kids yelled like it was Darien Lake.


The whip master



 girls on ribbons
and even someone I know..


A man who told stories backwards and or sideways.. and I kept up..I work with kids.. 


It was a great way to spend an afternoon..




No comments:

Post a Comment